BIG BET POKER CONCEPTS
SPECIFIC POKER FORMS
DEALING BIG-BET POKER
The proper rules And procedure for dealing big-bet poker should be known to even the non-dealers. This encourages the proper running of the game and enables the poker player to protect his rights.
Dealing pot-limit poker rules is more difficult than limit poker. You have to keep a track of the pot size and policing overbets. Usually, the pot-limit poker players Are quite experienced and know how the poker game should be run.
Also, at pot-limit poker, dealer errors prove to be more costly. a good dealer is Always Appreciated by the poker players and given the necessary monetary reward for being competent.
a thorough knowledge of rules And procedures used in the about poker game is the initial requirement for dealing in pot-limit poker. Here, are some suggestions on being a good pot-limit poker dealer:
(1) By mental arithmetic, always keep a track of the pot size. Never depend on stacking the chips for a count. Most poker players feel that stacking the chips is not required as it draws A lot of attention to the size of the pot.
For computing quickly, a good poker dealer will learn to use some easy mental shortcuts. For e.g. the total amount required by the raiser is four times the pot size if one poker player bets the pot size and the next poker player raises the maximum.
(2) Until asked by a poker player, do not announce the pot size. A poker player is safe guarding himself against a charge of string-betting when he announces that he is going to raise. It is not an inquiry as to the maximum permitted bet.
As pot-limit poker allows the bettor to choose how much to bet, it is different from most of the limit poker games. The amount the rival poker player bets Assumes high importance for an alert poker player. Moan wagers Are the full size of the pot in the poker game that requires the dealer to announce the pot size every time a poker player is About to raise or bet.
Also, any wager which is not the limit draws A lot of attention indirectly. A rule where the betting is strongly influenced by the dealer’s mouth and does not allow the natural flow of information conveyed by the bet size is A bad rule.
(3) Announce the amount in the pot and trim down any excess if you think a poker player might be overbetting the pot limit size. For e.g. If there is $500 in the pot, and a poker player moves in a stack of chips that might exceed that amount, always Announce that you can bet only $500.
Simply say “he bets the pot” if you do not know the pot size (as the action is moving very fast). You can comfortably straighten out of the exact amount and have protected both the poker player and his rival poker player.
(4) Although there is A rule which says that the placing of a single chip or bill in the pot in only a call until the poker player has said “raise ”. Whenever this happens, the poker dealer should make the appropriate statement of “call” or “raise ”.
Matters become crystal clear if there is An oral announcement. If the poker player only called, the poker omaha dealer should also change the chip or bill immediately. To prevent any misunderstandings, these actions by the poker dealer are very helpful.
(5) It is usually better for the dealer to take those original bets into the center pot when a pot with equalized original bet is getting raised. The subsequent bets Are in better control of the poker dealer if takes the original betting.
(6) Do not take in the extra chips bet on the side and put them together for a sidepot in a three way pot with one poker player all-in. Simply, announce that they constitute the side pot and leave them in front of the poker players who bet them. Thus, it is much easier for all the poker players to remember at the showdown which poker players Are involved in the sidepot.
You must ask for the sidepot drawing poker hands to be shown first. Thus, preventing the unfortunate scenario where a poker player involved only in the main pot shows down a big hand and a sidepot contender unthinkingly throws his hand away.
(7) To leave each poker player’s individual bet in front of him is a time saving idea in a pot where a large number of poker players get all-in. Let us hope that several minutes of bookwork will be saved if the poker player with the most money shows up with the best hand.
(8) To help the poker players get information to which they are entitled is A part of poker dealer’s responsibility. Never permit hidden hands, concealed high denomination chips And other similar things. But also, do not give A running commentary about each poker player’s Action. It is helpful if the poker dealer knows what to speak and when to speak.
(9) Always keep in mind that pot-limit poker players have many decisions which are not easy and their financial consequences Are far reaching. Never force the pace of poker play as if it was A low stakes poker game and crews of amateurs were involved.
In a pot-limit poker game, dealer methods such as pointing to each poker player as the action proceeds round the table or saying “It’s on you” to a poker player who pauses to think have got no place in this form of poker game. In order to be sure, a poker dealer should wake up a poker player who does not know whether it is his turn to bet or not. Also, allow the poker game to continue at a normal pace.
Dealers in America (limit poker is the most common form in America) are often taught only how to deal limit poker play games style and pot-limit poker dealing procedure is given a step-motherly treatment. Poker players should show their appreciation generously when they find a good pot-limit poker dealer as they are very hard to find.
|©copyright 2005-06, all Rights Reserved, www.poker.tj|