BIG BET POKER CONCEPTS
SPECIFIC POKER FORMS
ETHICS AND COURTESY
a higher standard of behavior is expected of you as A big-bet poker player than in most low-stakes limit poker games. We are helping you to become a winning poker player. Be gracious And win cleanly.
This will show your elegance. Be a pleasant poker player. Following are some of the improper poker behavior and these will cost you a lot of money as other poker players will resent your presence.
(1) How we play a hand at big-bet poker is hugely affected by the amount of money in front of the rival poker player. In this respect, a poker player is entitled to correct information. He might ask you “How deep are you?” and the recipient of this question usually state an approximate figure.
Occasionally, the queried poker player will lift his hands And allow the rival poker player to get a glimpse of his chips which is generally enough. To hide large denomination chips behind smaller denomination chips or any deliberate attempt to mislead the rival poker player about the money in front of you is An improper action.
(2) Poker players should avoid even the appearance of impropriety as collusion between poker players in a poker game is prohibited. Also soft-play agreements, agreeing to save a sum of money before the flop, potting out or any other action which divides poker player is out of order. When a third party is All-in and you agree on not betting the rival poker is A form of cheating and particularly bad.
(3) To ask the rival poker player to show his hand which has just been beaten in a pot is considered impolite. By doing so you are giving the rival poker player another opportunity to find something he overlooked and it also looks rude. You must be careful that your query does not give the poker player a second shot at the pot even though you might not be the pot winner.
During a “Super Bowl of poker” tournament in omaha, i once flopped the under-full in a three way pot which ultimately totaled about $8000. One of my rival poker players tabled a full house at the showdown. As the other poker player began to throw his hand away, i asked him to tell me about his kickers. I was curious to know how much duplication was there between my and my rival poker player’s hands.
The poker player to whom I asked this foolish question stopped his discarding and showed his hand. One of his kickers matched a boardcard and made him a bigger full house. Whenever i run into the poor fellow who lost eight grand because of me reminds me of this incident. I am still embarrassed about it. Until a hand has been released into the muck, do not ask to see a hand.
(4) a poker player should always make his Actions crystal clear. Say “call” if you put a big chip into the pot for a call. Do not leave anyone wondering your intention even though there is A rule that if you do not say “raise ” it is A call. Make sure that your bet is neatly stacked and easily readable by learning to cut chips into the pot.
(5) Your popularity will not be boosted by smoking. a good poker player is Always interested in getting an invitation to a new poker game. There are “polite smokers”, but he is still not as welcome as A polite non smoker.
(6) Short-handed poker game is not liked by most of the poker players. A poker player who is frequently absent hurts A poker game and will create resentment.
(7) a motor-mouth will be unpopular. It is okay if you do some talking but you should not be yakking loudly when some poker player is facing a big bet and trying to decide what to do is. Do your talks between hands. Endlessly discussing how a hand should have been played is doubly bad.
(8) it is inappropriate to read newspapers or have heated discussions which interfere with your obligation to act promptly on your hand. Always pay attention to the poker game.
(9) You are responsible for your own result; whether good or bad. The poker dealer should not be made the scrape goat. You were either unlucky or played badly. It is unfortunate that certain poker players make huge blunders And put the entire blame on the poker dealer.
(10) Please do not comment when A rival poker player does something very foolish which you might not have anticipated and caused you to make a misjudgment.
|©copyright 2005-06, all Rights Reserved, www.poker.tj|