According to the Fundamental Theorem of Poker what are "mistakes"

It is vital to know that when we are talking about of making a mistake according to the Fundamental Theorem of Poker, we need not mean that you played awfully. We are speaking of a strange kind of mistake that is to play differently from the method if you can see all your rivals' cards. If a player has a king-high straight flush and I am having a royal flush, that player would make a mistake if he calls me. But a player certainly can not be blamed that he has played badly by calling or as is much more possible of raising with a king-high straight flush. If he does not know that what I am having, he is making a mistake in a different manner.

In developed poker you are invariably trying to make your rival or rivals play in a manner that would be incorrect if they knew what you had. Anytime when they play in the correct way on the core of what you have, you will not gain anything. As per the Fundamental Theorem of Poker, you play online poker to win as nearly as possible to the method you would play if you can see all your rivals' cards and try to make your rival play far away from this Utopian level. The first aim is achieved by reading hands and players precisely because the close you come to make out someone else's hand, the less Fundamental Theorem mistake you will make. The second aim is achieved by playing deceivingly.

Multi method pots

At the beginning of the chapter, we mentioned that the Fundamental Theorem of Poker is applied to all two-way pots and also all multi-way pots. The motive we modify multi-way pot is that there are some situations with two or more rivals when you want one or two of them to play as they would, if they knew what you had. Suppose that with cards to come, you can get 30 percent chances to win the pot. Rival A has a 50 percent chance, and rival B has a 20 percent chance. If you bet, you would not care rival A's raising with the best hand to compel rival B out. Now the chance of A to win will increase to 60 percent and yours will increase to 40 percent. At the cost of C, you both have been benefited. For example you may bet a pair of aces. Rival A has two pair and Rival B has a straight draw. You would make Rival A to know that you are having aces, not aces up, so that he raise and force the straight draw out. You will get good odds to call the raise and at the same time you should not fear about Rival B's straight draw.


The Fundamental Theorem Of Poker expresses that the best way to play poker is the way they would play if they knows their rival's cards. Whenever a player sees his rival's card when the hand is finished, he says that alas, if I knew what he is having, I would have played in a different manner. That he himself has cost money and made money for his rivals.